Since 1992, NEHA has offered Family Camp to anyone with a bleeding disorder who receives care in one of the six New England states. Through Camp, we aim to accomplish two goals: increasing and enhancing self-infusion skills and building strong connections within our community.
June 22 - June 25
This summer will commemorate our 30th Annual Family Camp! Together, over the past thirty years, even during trying times and a global pandemic, we have never lost the magic of Camp. Watch this video to see what Family Camp is all about.
Family Camp 2022
We are pleased to announce that our 2022 Family Camp will be held in-person this summer. NEHA’s Board of Directors, Camp Medical Team, and staff came to this decision after carefully reviewing data and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), American Camp Association (ACA), and Association of Camp Nursing (ACN). Using guidelines from these organizations and our local partners, we have developed a series of protocols that will allow us to safely host Family Camp in-person.
Family Camp will be held from Wednesday, June 22 to Saturday, June 25 at Geneva Point Center on Lake Winnipesaukee in Moultonborough, New Hampshire. Camp will feature many beloved traditions while also incorporating procedures to protect the health and safety of all campers.
Activities and Overview
- Children & Teens ages 4-15 will be placed in color groups and will rotate through a variety of activities including arts and crafts, woodshop, archery, field games, and waterfront activities on Lake Winnipesaukee. Self-infusion classes are taught by experts. This relaxed environment helps campers learn how to self-infuse for the first time.
- Teens ages 16-17 are junior counselors.
- Young adults ages 18+ are counselors.
- Parents will have their own educational sessions while their kids rotate through the activities with their color groups.
- Kids and parents will share all meals together.
Applications to attend Family Camp this summer are no longer being accepted. The application period was from February 22 to March 22.
Accepted families have been notified, and are asked to complete their online registration and pay the registration fee before May 2
- February 22: Applications Open
- March 22: Applications Close
- Week of April 11: Families Notified of Acceptance
- Week of April 11: Registration Begins
- May 2: Registration Ends & Fees Due
- June 21 – June 22: Staff and Counselor Training
- June 22 – June 25: NEHA Family Camp
- A full agenda for Family Camp will be shared with accepted families.
Family Camp Cost
We are proud to subsidize 93% of the cost of Family Camp to make it affordable for everyone in our community to attend. Family Camp is made possible through the generous donations of individuals, industry sponsors, and several of the Hemophilia Treatment Centers in our region.
Registration fees are due in full by Monday, May 2, 2022.
Health and Safety Guidelines
NEHA will follow all COVID-19 guidelines set by the venue and the local government.
- All attendees, regardless of vaccination status, must complete a simple and quick online COVID-19 Check-In form before attending the event. The form was created to protect your family and other attendees. The form will be emailed to you 72 hours before the event begins.
- NEHA strongly recommends that anyone eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine be fully vaccinated prior to attending any event.
- Mask wearing is optional for all attendees.
- Please stay home and do not attend the event if you have tested positive for COVID-19, are waiting for COVID-19 test results, have COVID-19 symptoms, feel sick or unwell, or if you have had close contact with a person who has tested positive for or who has symptoms of COVID-19.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding symptoms, please contact: [email protected].
We are thankful to these companies for supporting this event:
Arts and Crafts Sponsor
Woody 500 Sponsor