NEHA’s 31st Annual Family Camp will be held from Wednesday, June 28 to Saturday, July 1 at Geneva Point Center on Lake Winnipesaukee in Moultonborough, New Hampshire.
June 28 - July 1
Since 1992, NEHA has offered Family Camp to anyone with a bleeding disorder who receives care in one of the six New England states. Through Camp, we aim to accomplish two goals: increasing and enhancing self-infusion skills and building strong connections within our community.
For more than thirty years, even during a global pandemic, the purpose and magic of Camp has remained strong and steady. Watch this video to see what Family Camp is all about.
Activities and Overview
- Children ages 4-12 will be assigned to color groups based on their age and will rotate through a variety of activities including arts and crafts, woodshop, archery, field games, and waterfront activities on Lake Winnipesaukee. Family Camp helps campers learn how to self-infuse for the first time in a relaxed and supportive environment. For those who are deemed eligible by their hematologist, self-infusion classes will be taught by medical professionals.
- Childcare is available for infants to age three.
- Teens ages 13-15 will participate in Adventure Club, a program that combines traditional camp activities with opportunities to learn self-dependence skills. Teens will also participate in a special activity to challenge them to self-infuse in a non-traditional environment (like on a paddle board, on a hike, etc).
- Teens ages 16-17 are junior counselors.
- Young adults ages 18+ are counselors or volunteers.
- Parents will have their own educational sessions while their kids rotate through the activities with their color groups.
- Kids and parents will share all meals together, and will participate in family activities together throughout the week.
- February 21: Applications Open
- March 21: Applications Close
- April 4: Families Notified of Acceptance
- April 4: Registration Begins in Jotform
- May 5: Registration Ends in Jotform & Immunization Records Due
- May 5: Registration Fees Due
- June 27 – June 28: Staff and Counselor Training
- June 28 – July 1: NEHA Family Camp
- A full agenda for Family Camp will be shared with accepted families.
- Applications to attend Family Camp are now closed.
- Details will be shared with accepted campers soon about the next steps in the registration process. For more information, see our important dates section above.
- To be added to our Waitlist, please email Sarah Shinkman, NEHA’s Program Director, at [email protected].
Family Camp Cost
We are proud to subsidize 93% of the cost of Family Camp to make it affordable for everyone in our community to attend. Family Camp is made possible through the generous donations of individuals, industry sponsors, and several of the Hemophilia Treatment Centers in our region.
- The registration fee is $125 per family for 2023 NEHA Members.
- For non members, the fee is $175 per family. Become a member here.
- For families who are unable to afford the registration fee, we are happy to offer assistance through the Anneliese Seitz-Mund Scholarship.
- Looking to help a family attend Family Camp? Support the Anneliese Seitz-Mund Scholarship Fund by clicking here.
For those who are accepted to attend Family Camp, Registration fees are due in full by Friday, May 5. More information will be shared with those who are accepted.
Commemorative Brick Campaign
Each year, Family Camp is a place where life-long memories and friendships are created. If Camp has meant something to you, your family, or anyone special, recognize them with a commemorative brick at Geneva Point Center.
By purchasing one or more bricks, you will make a unique and permanent contribution to Family Camp. All funds raised directly support Camp.
Health and Wellness
- Please do not attend this event if you have tested positive for COVID-19, the flu, RSV, or have cold-like symptoms.
- NEHA strongly recommends that anyone eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine be fully vaccinated prior to attending any event.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding these guidelines, or need to cancel your registration due to illness, please contact: [email protected].
All camp fees are final once payment has been submitted. If you cancel your registration or do not attend camp for any reason after paying the registration fee, you will not be refunded.
We are thankful to these companies for supporting this event:
Arts & Crafts Sponsor
Ice Cream Sponsor