October 26 - October 27Free
FallFest is a two-day event that provides educational programming for adults, teenagers (13-18 years old), youth (6–12 years old), and children (newborns–5 years old). Highlights include:
- The keynote speaker is Heather Abbott, a survivor of the Boston Marathon bombing. She will speak about overcoming adversity.
- Additional educational sessions will speak to the needs identified by the community and feature programming from New England HTC physicians, nurses, and social workers as well as wellness workshops and breakout sessions that include: medical marijuana, genetic counseling, music therapy and much more.
- Debbie de la Riva, LPC, a nationally known trainer for the Mental Health Matters, will share the impact of mental health issues in the bleeding disorders community.
- There will also be a teen and child track with lots of activities and programs.
- FallFest officially begins with check-in at 7:30 AM on Saturday, October 26.The keynote talk will be on Saturday, October 26th at 9AM.
The room block at the Crowne Plaza Hotel is now full. We have secured two additional room blocks at the same price of $149 per night for Friday, October 25 and Saturday, October 26. Please reserve a room at the NYLO Providence-Warwick Hotel or at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Warwick-Providence.
- The NYLO is a quick three-minute drive from the Crowne Plaza
- The Holiday Inn has conveniently provided a shuttle for FallFest Attendees to be brought to and from the Crowne Plaza Hotel for each day’s events.
- Both hotels offer free parking to their guests.
The last day to book a room through both hotel blocks is Monday, October 7. If you have difficulty booking a hotel room, contact Alex Faiola at 401-681-4743 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reservations can be made by clicking below.
Registration and Cancellation Fee
Registration is free for NEHA members, and only $10 a person for any non-member. If you are registered but can no longer attend, please notify us immediately. If a cancellation occurs within 72 hours of the event, you will be charged with a $30 per person fee. Registration will be open until Friday, October 18, 2019.
We can help with travel costs to and from Warwick through our “$100 for 100 miles” program. A $100 subsidy can be offered to any 2019 NEHA member traveling more than 100 miles roundtrip. Simply pick up a form at the FallFest registration table and provide us with proof of the miles driven. A check for $100 will be mailed to you after the event.
Other Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What time does FallFest begin and end?
FallFest registration and check-in begins at 7:30 AM on Saturday, October 26. The educational session begin at 9AM for adults, teens, and kids. The conference concludes on Sunday, October 27 at 12 PM.
Q. I am new to NEHA. Can I attend FallFest?
If you are new to FallFest or interested in connecting with other families or individuals in the bleeding disorders community, you are welcome to attend FallFest. The event is intended to educate and support all families including providing information what NEHA has to offer and the opportunity to meet other community members.
Q. How much does it cost?
Registration is free for NEHA members, and only $10 a person for any non-member. Please note, if you are registered but can no longer attend, please notify us immediately. If a cancellation occurs within 72 hours of the event, you will be charged with a $30 per person fee.
Q. Does NEHA offer financial assistance to FallFest?
Yes! If you are need of financial assistance, we can with help travel costs to and from the conference through our “100 for 100″ program. A $100 lodging subsidy can be offered to anyone traveling more than 100 miles roundtrip to Warwick. You must reserve and pay for your hotel room(s), and then provide NEHA with a receipt and proof of the 100 miles driven. A check for $100 will be mailed out after the event. The 100 for 100 form will be available at the NEHA check in table. You must be a 2019 NEHA member to apply for this assistance.
Q. Is childcare provided?
Yes, childcare is provided by NEHA at no additional cost to you and your family.
Q. Will there be an event on Saturday night?
Yes, NEHA is working to provide a family friendly dance party on Saturday evening at no additional cost. Costumes are encouraged!
Q. How do I learn more about NEHA?
Go to www.newenglandhemophilia.org or call us at 781-326-7645.