We’re taking you out to the ballgame! Join us on Sunday, June 11 for lunch at the famous George’s Coney Island followed by a ballgame as the Worcester Red Sox (WooSox) take on the Rochester Red Wings at Polar Park in Worcester, MA.
June 11 @ 10:30 am - 4:00 pm
- 10:30 AM – Arrive at George’s Coney Island (158 Southbridge Street, Worcester, MA 01608).
- Short-term, temporary parking is available at the restaurant, but cars can not be left after lunch while the game is going on. We suggest you find an all-afternoon parking spot before joining us at George’s Coney Island.
- Worcester has many affordable parking options near the ballpark. Learn about parking here.
- NEHA will reimburse parking for each family, up to $20. After the event, please email your parking receipt to [email protected] for reimbursement.
- 10:45 AM – Educational Presentation Begins. With summer right around the corner and lots of time spent outside, we discuss how you can best be prepared for a hemophilia emergency.
- 11:15 AM – Lunch. Enjoy some old-fashioned hot dogs and other lunch items before heading over to Polar Park. Learn more about the famous George’s Coney Island here.
- Attendees will receive their WooSox ticket after the presentation and lunch.
- 12 PM – Depart for Polar Park. The ballpark is 0.2 miles (5 minute walk) from George’s Coney Island. For those who are able to walk, we will walk over as a group.
- The WooSox have a shuttle that can take you to the ballpark if you wish. Learn more here.
- 1:05 PM – Game Begins at Polar Park. All NEHA attendees will be seated together. Any food or beverages desired during the game are your own responsibility.
- Each registered attendee will receive a free ticket to enter Polar Park and watch the ballgame. Tickets are valid for Sunday, June 11 only.
- Kids 2 and under are allowed into the ballpark without a ticket as long as they do not need a seat and can sit on your lap. You do not need to register them in Eventbrite.
- You must attend the lunch and educational session at George’s Coney Island to receive a ticket to enter the ballpark.
- All NEHA attendees will be seated together.
- Weather: The event will happen rain or shine, unless the Worcester Red Sox cancel the game due to inclement weather.
- Parking and Directions: Many low-cost parking opportunities exist around the park. Click here for parking information and directions to the ballpark.
- This event is free for NEHA 2023 members.
- If you are not a member, the cost is only $10 per attendee. Become a member here.
- Space is limited to the first 50 registrants.
Health and Wellness
- Please do not attend this event if you have tested positive for COVID-19, the flu, RSV, or have cold-like symptoms.
- NEHA strongly recommends that anyone eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine be fully vaccinated prior to attending any event.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding these guidelines, or need to cancel your registration due to illness, please contact: [email protected].
If you cancel your registration within one week of the event or do not show up for the event, you will be charged a $30 per person fee. If you are experiencing a personal or medical emergency, please contact us to discuss.
We are thankful to these companies for supporting this event: