Federal Policy Priorities
NEHA works with our national organizations–the National Hemophilia Foundation and the Hemophilia Federation of America–to develop our Federal advocacy agenda and strategy.
Federal policy priorities include support for:
- federal hemophilia programs
- blood and blood product safety
- patient access to care
- federally-funded research
State Policy Priorities
NEBDAC is working in each state to ensure that:
- People with bleeding disorders can get financial assistance from manufacturers’ co-pay assistance programs
- Any “fail first” provisions adopted by insurance companies will not apply to factor products, or will include patient protection provisions that ensure continued access to the product that the patient’s physician deems necessary
- States recognize March as Bleeding Disorder Awareness Month.