After joining forces with the Hemophilia Alliance of Maine (HAM) earlier this year, we are excited to continue their tradition of hosting WinterFest! At WinterFest, there will be wide-range of educational programming and social connection for adults, fun activities for school-aged children, and childcare for infants and toddlers.
WinterFest will be held from Saturday, December 2 to Sunday, December 3 at the Samoset Resort in Rockport, ME. Saturday evening will include our Holiday Party where children under the age of 10 will receive a gift from Santa!
On Sunday at the conclusion of the event, we will also host a raffle for some great prizes! You will earn one raffle ticket for each session you attend throughout the weekend. You must be present to win.
Saturday, December 2
- 8 AM: Registration and breakfast begin.
- 10 AM: Programming begins.
- Educational sessions will be held for adults.
- Roderick Russell will deliver an engaging and interactive keynote presentation and will provide a Comedy Hypnosis show.
- Sunshine will be returning to facilitate journaling activities to help attendees express themselves and communicate clearly.
- An infusion training will be held for those wishing to learn more about the infusion process or those trying to perfect their infusion skills.
- Three youth tracks will be provided for Elementary, Middle and High School aged children.
- Childcare will be provided for infants and toddlers.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be provided on Saturday.
- 6:30 PM: Holiday Party. Children under the age of 10 will receive a special present from Santa!
Sunday, December 3
- 7:30 AM: Breakfast begins.
- 9 AM: Programming begins.
- 11:30 AM: Raffle Drawing. You must be present to win.
- 11:30 AM: WinterFest ends.
A detailed agenda will be shared with registered attendees.
Travel & Accommodations
- Hotel: We have secured a room block at the Samoset Resort for both Friday and Saturday evening at the rate of $125 per night. To reserve a room, please click here.
- Hotel Scholarships: A limited number of hotel scholarships are available to 2023 NEHA Members. To request a scholarship, please email Diane at [email protected].
- Requesting a scholarship does not guarantee acceptance. If you receive a hotel scholarship for this event, you are ineligible to also receive travel assistance through our $100 for 100 miles program for this event.
- Attendees who live more than two (2) hours away from Rockport, Maine, are encouraged to arrive on Friday evening, and will receive a hotel room for Friday and Saturday night.
- Attendees who live less than two (2) hours away from Rockport, Maine, are encouraged to arrive on Saturday morning, and will receive a hotel room only for Saturday night.
- Travel Assistance: All NEHA 2023 members are eligible for travel assistance. If you traveled more than 100 miles round trip to Rockport, ME for this event, we can help offset your costs with our $100 for 100 miles program. More details will be shared after the event.
Health and Wellness
Please do not attend this event if you have tested positive for COVID-19, the flu, RSV, or have cold-like symptoms.
NEHA strongly recommends that anyone eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine be fully vaccinated prior to attending any event.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these guidelines, or need to cancel your registration due to illness, please contact: [email protected].
If you cancel your registration within one week of the event or do not show up for the event, you will be charged a $30 per person fee. If you are experiencing a personal or medical emergency, please contact us to discuss.
We are thankful to these companies for supporting this event: