Important Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
As we navigate the current health crisis together, our primary concern is, and has always been, the health and wellness of the individuals, families and communities that we serve.
NEHA Email Updates Regarding COVID-19
Our goal is to keep you as informed and updated as possible. Below, please find links to each email we have sent relating to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
We’ve compiled this section of resources filled with information from NEHA, from our National Organizations, and from each of the six New England States. This page is updated on a daily basis with the most up-to-date information.
We will be hosting a live webinar or group video hangout every Wednesday evening for the foreseeable future about various topics of interest and importance in our community. All webinars will be posted here.
- Our next Webinar Wednesday will take place on Wednesday, April 1 at 7 PM ET, for a discussion to help you understand medical facts, like information about COVID-19, during a time when social media is the source of information and news. Register Here.
Missed Webinar Wednesday? Learn more and watch them here:
- March 25: “COVID-19 & Bleeding Disorders.” Watch The Webinar Here.
- National Hemophilia Foundation’s Medical Science Advisory Council Letter.
- Hemophilia Federation of America’s Online COVID-19 Hub.
- Questions about medication supply? Read an update from manufacturers here.
- Legislative updates from each state regarding COVID-19. See updates here.
These pages provide resources from each state. These include information, phone numbers and links for various services like unemployment, health insurance information, and more.
NEHA Event Updates
The CDC has recommended that all gatherings over 50 people should be canceled or postponed. As a result, all NEHA events until May 15 are postponed. More information will be provided as we reschedule these events.
The following events are now postponed:
- Bombardier Blood Movie Screening
- Consumer Medical Symposium – rescheduled to Saturday, August 28
- Couple’s Retreat
- World Hemophilia Day
- Providence’s Best Bloody Mary Competition
- Massachusetts Advocacy Days
NEHA Summer Events
- Camp Application – The Family Camp application has been extended until April 1. If you haven’t already done so, please apply here. If you have any questions about the application process, please email [email protected].
- Walk Registration – Teams and participants are still encouraged to register and to begin fundraising for the Walk. Create your Walk Team here.
Supporting Community Members
Over the last three years, NEHA has proudly given over $25,000 in emergency financial assistance to community members in need. We are currently reviewing our program guidelines to ensure additional assistance is available to community members during this difficult time. Our Emergency Assistance Fund is open and we are currently accepting applications for those who need it. Learn more about this program here.
Several community members have asked how to donate to others who are struggling during this difficult time. All donations are used to support New England bleeding disorder families in need and those who request emergency financial assistance. Donations can be made here.