To recognize Bleeding Disorders Awareness Month, Mastery Martial Arts partnered with the New England Hemophilia Association (NEHA) to host a push-up-a-thon on Saturday, March 18. Together, across all six Mastery locations in Rhode Island and Massachusetts, participants did 89,538 push-ups–far surpassing their goal of 50,000 push-ups!
While the push-up-a-thon is over, Mastery’s fundraising efforts are still ongoing in support of Bleeding Disorders Awareness Month. All funds raised will support NEHA’s Emergency Assistance program to assist families in facing unexpected financial hardship. Follow the steps below to place a donation.
Help Your Academy Reach Their Fundraising Goal
1. Choose your Mastery location from the list below
2. Click the red “Support Us” button on the top of the page.
3. Place your donation via credit card.
- Donations can be made for this event until March 31, 2023 to coincide with Bleeding Disorders Awareness Month.
- You can also place general donations to support the New England Hemophilia Association by clicking here.
How To Make Your Own Fundraising Page
Choose your Mastery location from the list below, then follow the steps to get started!
- Select the red “Join Our Team” button at the top of your academy’s page.
- Enter your fundraising goal.
- Place your own donation to get started toward your goal. Suggested donation is $1 for every push-up. (Example: $50 for 50 push-ups).
- Enter the information requested and pay with a credit card. All donations will support NEHA’s Emergency Assistance program to help patients and their families during times where they need emergency financial assistance.
- Completing these steps will generate your own donation link. Share your link on social media or via text and email to allow your friends and family to donate to your page and help you reach your goal. Your personal fundraising will help your Mastery Academy reach its fundraising goal!
About the New England Hemophilia Association
The New England Hemophilia Association (NEHA) was founded in 1957 to improve the quality of life for all persons with bleeding disorders and their families through education, support and advocacy. Founded in 1957, NEHA is a non-profit organization dedicated to empowering individuals and their families in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont. NEHA builds region-wide educational meetings, creates dynamic programming, supports legislative advocacy and provides emergency financial assistance. Learn more by visiting: www.nehemophilia.org.
What is Hemophilia
Hemophilia is a genetic disorder which creates problems in the body’s blood clotting system. It is caused by a deficiency of factor VIII or factor IX. As a result, stable clots do not form and prolonged bleeding occurs. Hemophilia can be mild, moderate or severe, depending on factor levels in the blood. Contrary to popular myth, persons with bleeding disorders will not bleed to death from a cut or minor injury. They suffer mostly from internal bleeding into joints and muscles.
Hemophilia medicines are among the most expensive medicines on the market, averaging about $350,000 a year. All treatments are infusions or injections and are needed sometimes daily. There are an estimated 30,000 people in the United States. Learn more about hemophilia and other types of bleeding disorders.
About Bleeding Disorders Awareness Month
In 2016, the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) officially declared March as Bleeding Disorders Awareness Month! This special designation helps create awareness about bleeding disorders to the general public and with our elected officials.