15th Annual Unite Walk
Each year, we host a Walk to celebrate the resilience, dedication and perseverance of our Wicked Strong Family! This important event also raises vital funds needed to allow our organization to continue to fulfill its mission of providing education, support and advocacy for the New England bleeding disorders community.
On Saturday, September 28, community members, their families, friends, supporters, local businesses and our industry partners from all six New England states are invited to join us for this incredible day at Prowse Farm in Canton, MA!
More information will be provided soon.
How Your Donation Makes A Difference
Your support allows us to continue our work of providing support, education and advocacy to those living with a bleeding disorder in the following ways:
- Family Camp – For over thirty years, we have offered Family Camp to anyone with a bleeding disorder who receives care in New England. This vital program aims to help children increase and enhance their self-infusion skills while also helping families build strong connections within our community. We are proud to subsidize 95% of the cost of Camp to ensure that everyone can attend this crucial program, regardless of their financial circumstances. Your donations helps give this experience to others.
- Educational Programs – We host several educational conferences and retreat experiences throughout the year. These events are designed to offer education in an immersive, supportive environment for our community members. Your commitment allows us to continue providing this education to patients and their families.
- Advocacy – Each year, we send families to Washington, D.C., and to their state houses to share their stories and to ask lawmakers for their support on legislation that is critical to our community. Your generosity allows us and our needs to continue to be heard.
- Emergency Assistance – Each year, we provide roughly $30,000 to New England families experiencing financial hardships by helping them with non-medical expenses like utility bills, transportation, rent and food. Your support helps those in need.
- Research – Since 2018, we’ve contributed more than $100,000 to help find a cure and improved treatment options for bleeding disorders. Your donation allows us to continue investing in research.
The Walk Experience
Our Walk allows us to unite as a community and to celebrate one another. Despite some showers, our Wicked Strong Family came out in full force with high energy and a positive attitude to raise funds and awareness for bleeding disorders at our 2022 Unite for Bleeding Disorders Walk.
This recap video features footage from the day, testimonials from community members and an explanation on how your donations make a difference in our community.